List of Countries that require visa
Presidential Decree No. 57-2005 (See reforms), published in La Gaceta Official Newspaper No. 172, on September 5, 2005, establishes that citizens of most countries of the world do not need a visa to enter the country, they just need to buy a tourist card at the Airport or at the borders. With this new policy of freeing some countries from visas, the doors have opened to tourism and foreign investment.
Presidential Decree No. 57-2005 establishes exceptions and obligations for issuing a visa, in three categories: Category “A”, Category “B”, Category “C”.
Nationals of the following countries, under Category “C” depending on the type of the passport they have, will be required to enter the country with a visa:
1.- AFGANISTAN, ISLÁMIC STATE
To the Citizens under the above list, the process of consulting the visa with the National Office of Immigration and Foreign Services of the Republic of Nicaragua will not be necessary when the visitor is a Resident of The United States of America, England, or Canada. In these cases, the consulate will grant the visa immediately.
In order that the citizens of the nations listed above, may enter the country, they must present the following:
The citizens of the restricted nationalities are exempt from the above procedures if they have Diplomatic Passports, Official Passports, or services subscribed by their governments, according to the terms of an agreement established for the exemption of visa, with the Republic of Nicaragua. As well as those extended by the Organization of the United Nations and the Organization of American States, which will be enforced in conformance to their Official Agreement. This last disposition is included in Presidential Decree No. 36-2000.
Requisites to request a Consulted or Restricted Visa at our Consulates
1. Interview with the Consul.
2. Written Request for the visa, therein including Passport Number, Purpose of the trip, Place of Stay, Number of days in the Country.
3. Invitation letter to the visitor from a resident of Nicaragua sponsoring the visit.
4. Fill out a form.
5. Valid Passport for at least 6 months.
6. Photocopy of the main page of the Passport and copy of USA visa if there is one.
7. If you are a Resident from where you are requesting the visa, photocopy of the proof of residency.
8. Present a bank statement or economic means.
9. Pay an official receipt for immigration fees of US $25.00 (Twenty Five American Dollars), distributed as follows: $20 for the Visa, and $5 for the form.
10. Return ticket or to your next destination on this trip.
|© Copyright 2010 INSTITUTO NICARAGÜENSE DE TURISMO
Hotel Crowne Plaza, 1c Sur, 1c. Oeste. Managua, Nicaragua. Aptdo. Postal No. 5088
Pbx: (505) 2254-5191 / Fax: (505)2222-6610
Info institucional: www.intur.gob.ni • Webmaster